Book Review: The Stand by Stephen King


1454116

Title: The Stand
Author: Stephen King
Pages: 1327 pages
Published: May 31st 2007 by Hodder (first published October 1978)

GoodReads Description: "After the days of the plague came the dreams

Dark dreams that warned of the coming of the dark man. The apostate of death, his worn-down boot heels tramping the night roads. The warlord of the charnel house and Prince of Evil.

His time is at hand. His empire grows in the west and the Apocalypse looms..."

MY REVIEW:
The Stand is not really a horror book and yet it was absolutely terrifying! I literally had nightmares. It was just so plausible! This could be happening right. now. people! I'm joking. Kind of. You see, the government decides it's going to develop some superflu bugs... and then one flies the coop! And wipes out 90% of the population. People come together... fall apart... decide between good and evil. Who will win?


Image result for funny gif end of the world

I absolutely loved this book in the beginning and the middle, but the end ran out of steam for me - I mean I guess that'd be easy to do after 1300 pages give or take. But I wanted a battle! Anyways, I loved King's characters once again. That's always what it's about with his books - for me. That's what makes him great. Fran and Mother Abigail especially. Mother Abigail actually was a stunning portrayal of a Christian woman and that was very interesting to me because this is Stephen King we are talking about people. He gets it better than some of the self-proclaimed Christians out there. Anyways she was amazing. And her background story was amazing. And the book was pretty amazing.

4 (the nightmares I had while reading this book convinced me I'd survive the flu) stars!






Comments