Book Review: The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre


30962267
Title: The Ghostwriter
Author: Alessandra Torre
Pages: 321 pages
Published October 2nd 2017 by DCA
Source: Amazon Kindle Unlimited
Amazon link:

GoodReads Description: "Four years ago, I lied. I stood in front of the police, my friends and family, and made up a story, my best one yet. And all of them believed me.

I wasn't surprised. Telling stories is what made me famous. Fifteen bestsellers. Millions of fans. Fame and fortune.

Now, I have one last story to write. It'll be my best one yet, with a jaw-dropping twist that will leave them stunned and gasping for breath.

They say that sticks and stones will break your bones, but this story? It will be the one that kills me.

Disclaimer: This book is not a romance. It is contemporary fiction, but very suspenseful in nature. It is about a famous romance author and a dark secret she keeps."


5 HEART-BREAKING STARS!! 

"That is how life is, it gives us burdens to carry and doesn’t give a damn about the weight. We shoulder it or we break."

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!! This is a new favorite! It will stay with me for a long time and it is absolutely my favorite type of book - a suspenseful and heartbreaking mystery about an author!  I am in love 💕

Helena Ross is ... difficult.  She is a bestselling romance author who is very particular and difficult to work with.  And now she is dying and she has a job to do - she has to get out this last novel in the 3 months she has left.  It is the story of her family and her darkest secret.

This book gave me all the feels.  First, I totally related to Helena Ross as the slightly b*tchy, slightly awkward bookish introvert that I am.
26 Signs You're A Book Nerd
Second, her back story is heartbreaking.  I cried and cried.

"There is nothing like young love. It comes at a time before the heart knows to protect itself, when everything important is raw and exposed—the perfect environment for a soul-sucking, heart-crushing burst. It burns brightest, hits hardest, and touches deepest... Between two naive and innocent souls, anything can happen. Soulmates or Tragedy. And sometimes, both."
Im Emotional GIFs | Tenor

Third, her journey throughout this book is pretty amazing.  She had buried it all down deep and we walk with her as she faces it, herself, and her biggest rival.

Just read it - it's amazing!  It's free on Kindle Unlimited right now!!

MY RATING:
Characters: 5+++
Story: 5+++
Overall 5 stars!!

(Similar books: Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson, After She Wrote Him by Sulari Gentill, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - ALL favorites of mine)

blog | gr | pinterest | bloglovin


Comments