This week's Top Ten Tuesday on That Artsy Reader Girl's blog is 10 Thrillers with Summer Vibes!! Which is a super fun and timely theme!! 😎 🌈 🌞
BUT, I read mostly thrillers so... summer vibes? Usually not..
But I'll do my best! Really wishing I'd read Beach Read now...
What makes these books give off summer vibes?
1. Dreamland by Nancy Bilyeau - This book takes place in the summer of 1911 on Coney Island.
2. The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager - The main character returns to the summer camp she went to as a teen.
3. Three Days Missing by Kimberly Belle - The main character's child goes missing while at summer camp.
4. Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman - A couple makes an interesting discovery while on holiday.
5. The Sister In Law by Sue Watson - Summer holiday ruined by evil sister in law.
6. He Started It by Samantha Downing - Recreating a family road trip is not quite what it seems.
7. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King - A little girl gets lost in the woods hiking with her mother and brother.
8. The Lost Man by Jane Harper - Technically this one is not summer, since it's in Australia and in the southern hemisphere, but it's super hot and dusty. This one is about a man dying from exposure in the heat of the Outback.
9. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - I don't know how to describe this book without giving things away, but it takes place on summer vacation at their summer house.
10. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood - This was a really great book, I loved it. I can't remember if it actually has anything to do with summer, but I believe that she was hanging clothes on the line whenever tragedy strikes - so that seems pretty summery...
You know what? That was easier than I thought!! Bringing you the dark side of summer folks! 😂
Have you read any summer-vibing thrillers lately? Or any REALLY good beachy books??? I've heard Beach Read is amazing. I'll get to it this summer hopefully. My TBR list feels jam-packed lately.