First Line Friday: The Half Sister by Sandie Jones

First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books
Hey guys!  It's First Line Friday!  Hoarding Books hosts this fun link-up.

Yesterday I started reading The Half Sister by Sandie Jones and honestly I really feel like I'm hitting a book slump.  Not that there's anything wrong with this book - I haven't read enough of it to judge it at all, but my last book - Stranger in the Lake - was not a hit for me and now I'm seeing middle-of-the-road reviews for The Half Sister and it's making me a little... meh.

Anyways - all this to say - if you've read The Half Sister and loved it, please let me know!
51174395
The first line is...

"Kate sees the familiar plaque on Dr. Williams' office door and feels a knot in her stomach."

So there ya go!  What are you all reading?

blog | gr | pinterest | bloglovin

Comments

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from “Murder in the Family” by Ramona Richards:

    ” ‘Aunt Liz, you can’t keep doing this. It’s going to get you killed.’ And it had.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great first line! I haven't heard of that one - but I'm intrigued!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from At Love's Command by Karen Witemeyer:
    "According to the Good Book, there was a time for war and a time for peace."
    Have a great weekend! 😃❤📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good start for a historical war novel. You have a good weekend too, Nicole!

      Delete
  3. My first line is from IF I WERE YOU. By Lynn Austin:
    Prologue. London, November, 1945
    Eve Dawson bolted upright in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday! Today, I'm sharing the first line from Coming Home to Maverick by Sophia Summers: "Maverick dipped his hat lower against the hot Texas sun. A man's hat could hide a lot of things, unfortunately, not everything."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/06/first-line-fridays-coming-home-to.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment