Book Review: The Trap by Catherine Ryan Howard

 


Title: The Trap

Author: Catherine Ryan Howard

Pages: 270

Pub Date: Aug. 1, 2023

Source: NetGalley

GoodReads Description: From award-winning, internationally bestselling crime writer Catherine Ryan Howard comes The Trap: an unsettling mystery inspired by a series of still-unsolved disappearances in Ireland in the 90s, wherein one young woman risks everything to catch a faceless killer.

One year ago, Lucy’s sister, Nicki, left to meet friends at a pub in Dublin and never came home. The third Irish woman to vanish inexplicably in as many years, the agony of not knowing what happened that night has turned Lucy’s life into a waking nightmare. So, she’s going to take matters into her own hands.

Angela works as a civilian paper-pusher in the Missing Persons Unit, but wants nothing more than to be a fully-fledged member of An Garda Síochána, the Irish police force. With the official investigation into the missing women stalled, she begins pulling on a thread that could break the case wide open—and destroy her chances of ever joining the force.

A nameless man drives through the night, his latest victim in the back seat. He’s going to tell her everything, from the beginning. And soon, she’ll realize: what you don’t know can hurt you …

My Review:


I absolutely devoured this book. It has been a while since I have read a book in less than 24 hours, but I felt I had no other choice! And why have I only read one book by this author before now? I feel the need to go out and buy everything she has ever written! I loved The Nothing Man as well, so how had she fallen off my radar? A mistake I won't repeat!



The Trap was a wild ride from start to finish - with twists and turns and a true-crime feel. There are 3 missing women seemingly linked by the fact that their phones were thrown out near their last known whereabouts, but are they actually linked? One of the 3 missing women's sister, Lucy, is still reeling from her sister's disappearance and she is determined to catch her abductor by any means necessary.

This book hooked me in with the first INTENSE chapter and never let me go! Read it!


Comments