The Bible in a Year with Fr. Mike Schmitz - Days 11-20

 

I am listening to the Bible in a Year Podcast with my husband and have purchased The Bible in a Year Companion, Volume 1: Days 1-120.  I don't know how essential the companion guide is, but I am a visual person and I'm thinking it will turn out to be helpful especially in review.

Day 11: Genesis 22-23, Job 11-12, Proverbs 2:9-15

One of my favorite things to study in the Bible ever since I read "A Father Who Keeps His Promises" by Scott Hahn is the Covenants and typology.  This reading about Abraham and Isaac foreshadows the sacrifice of Christ on the cross and Fr. Mike talks about this in this podcast.  It is so interesting and really provides deeper insight into the sacrifice Abraham almost makes of his only son Isaac.  So many times as a mother this can just seem scary - like God might ask me to give up my own children.  But that's not the point.  The point is that God provides the sacrifice.  And Abraham trusted that he would.  God help me to trust in You.

Day 12: Genesis 24, Job 13-14, Proverbs 2:16-19

God's Providence is at work even when we can't see it.  This day and everyday.

"Never forget in the darkness what we knew was true in the light."

Day 13

Day 14

Day 15

Day 16

Day 17

Day 18

Day 19

Day 20

Comments