Coffee & Books for October

Related image



Alright, here is my attempt to revive my Coffee & Books segment!  I've got my coffee!  Grab yours and let's go! October was a month for the books!




However, that's a horrible lie because I read hardly anything in October.  I looked at my GoodReads and thought - wow family crises really threw a wrench in my reading plans over the summer - ha.  So I guess I'll read Stephen King's LOOOOOONGEST books!  I promise I'll be better next month!  I already am actually... November's halfway over.

IT by Stephen King | The Stand by Stephen King | Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson

28094574. sy475 IT by Stephen King (still in progress - I know I'm cheating adding this to make me seem less pathetic! But I decided I was going to barrel through some NetGalley reads before finishing this one) First impression: I've avoided Stephen King's IT even though I looooove Stephen King for a long time because a killer clown didn't sound that interesting to me.  But about halfway through I know that it is so much more!  As Stephen King books always are.  

1454116The Stand by Stephen King - I got this book at the library along with Rose Madder which I read in November.  And it has inspired me to do a Library Haul segment as well... We'll see how that goes since I have such a lovely track record!  But I'm trying here.  Life is a process!  Anyways, The Stand was not really a horror book and yet it was absolutely terrifying!  I literally had nightmares.  It was just so plausible!  This could be happening right. now. people!  I'm joking.  Kind of.  You see, the government decides it's going to develop some superflu bugs... and then one flies the coop!  And wipes out 90% of the population.  People come together... fall apart... decide between good and evil.  Who will win? 
*YOU need this book if you like Stephen King, or if you like giant dystopian novels.  Full review here.

Eight Perfect Murders: A Novel (Malcolm Kershaw): Swanson, Peter ...Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson - I read this book in one day... Not 24 hours.  One. Day.  Malcom writes a post for his blog entitled "Eight Perfect Murders."  And a serial killer decides - OK challenge accepted.  But he may be closer than Malcom thinks... Ahhhh-mazing!  I loved it.
*YOU need this book if you love mysteries!  The references were great.  Full Review here.



28094574. sy475    Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel: 9780593100066 ...

   999371




Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Comments