Coffee & Books: April 2020


I am going to start doing my Coffee & Books segment mid-month when it's less crazy and there are more link-ups!  So grab your coffee and let's talk books! 
52073771. sx318 sy475 Some Days Are Dark by Miranda Smith
Rating: 4 (Don't hate the book, hate the characters!) stars
What I Liked: Kept me guessing * The ending!
What I Didn't Like: Literally (almost) every. single. character.
YOU need this book if you like a satisfying ending!

53142315. sx318 sy475 What Lies Between Us by John Marrs
Rating: 4 (Holy dysfunction, Batman!) stars
What I Liked: * Psychological themes * Original premise
What I Didn't Like: Characters I love to hate (again)
YOU need this book if you like your thrillers heavy on the psychological!

45046683Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier
Rating: 4 (Kill the mistress!) stars
What I Liked: * Setting * Emotional
What I Didn't Like: * Characters (again - maybe it's me??) * Kenzie! (I hated her especially deeply so she deserves special mention)
YOU need this book if you're looking for a gripping thriller! 

51153156. sx318 sy475 Playing Nice by J.P. Delaney
Rating: 5 (No more Mr. Nice-guy!) stars
What I Liked: * Completely outlandish, but still felt realistic * Characters! Lovable and hate-able characters both well done!  Totally invested! (Finally!)
What I Didn't Like: ?
YOU need this book if you are a fan of Louise Candlish or Mark Edwards' style.  If you're looking for a good page-turner!

encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR...The House Guest by Mark Edwards
Rating: 4 (Stranger Danger!) stars
What I Liked: * Original storyline * Fast-paced
What I Didn't Like: * Didn't connect with female characters
YOU need this book if you like a quick action-y read! (Yes, action-y is a word!)

139836Teaching With Love & Logic by Jim Fay
Rating: 5 (Favorite Teaching Book - I read it twice in a row!) stars
What I Liked:  Great tools for teachers!!! * Excellent classroom management strategies * real world examples
What I Didn't Like: I loved everything!  But I would keep students in my class instead of sending them out because I'm lower elementary & I combine with Whole Brain Teaching to keep up the engagement!
YOU need this book if you're a teacher!
Full Review | Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2xWByut

42646860. sx318 52226395. sx318 sy475 52856190. sx318 sy475 51349886. sx318



Stay safe guys!

Comments