Blogging Challenge: How I'd Survive a Zombie Apocalypse


The same way I survive everything else:

gifs) All the chaos going on in the prison, and Loki's just ...

That's right, folks!  I'd hide and read!  And here would be my reading list...

TBR

5899779


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

 I've actually always wanted to read this one.  I'm not particularly a fan of zombie fiction, but I am a fan of P&P and this sounds intriguing!







535441



The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks

I mean, sounds practical right? 












15842439
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion


 I watched this movie and remember thinking the book was probably better, but I have never got around to reading it.  During a zombie apocalypse seems like the opportune time?












8908. sx318
World War Z  by Max Brooks

 Again, educating myself 😂




















ONES I'VE READ

149267


The Stand by Stephen King 

Lots of tips for restructuring society, dealing with being alone, strategies for survival.












46756
Oryx & Crake (and the rest of the series) by Margaret Atwood

 Another example of how to deal with the world, post-apocalypse.
















2767052
Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Just in case a corrupt government takes over.... 

















41667
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George

 Again, practicality... Survival and entertainment at the same time.  Also, I think the Boy Scout Handbook would probably come in handy as well... 















Any other suggestions for your Zombie Apocalypse/End of the World reading list?? 



blog | gr | pinterest | bloglovin

Comments

  1. Honestly, that would probably be the safest thing to do!

    My <a href="https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-how-id-fare-in-a-zombie-apocalypse/”>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally recommend Warm Bodies! It's a cute twist on a zombie film - it's cute, it's funny and it's just a good watch. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is also on my reading list. I saw the movie and thought it was meh, but my friend assures me the book is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you'd definitely survive. Great reading choices, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing how is the best way to go about it. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/05/wc-052020.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad plan, not sure what you're survival rate would be. LOL Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-how-id-fare-in-a-zombie-apocalypse/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I am able to hide long enough and educate myself on my next steps maybe I'd make it, LOL.

      Delete
  6. Nice list! I read On the Beach by Nevil Shute when I was a teenager. It's a nuclear fallout that happens, not zombies, but it was very post-apocalyptic and touched me greatly, especially as a kid living during the Cold War. Year One by Nora Roberts is an interesting post-apocalypse story, too. Not what I was expecting (I was hoping for zombies!), but really good with surprising twists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the other book recommendations, Tricia!

      Delete
  7. Thanks everyone for stopping by the blog - I hope you'll come and join in my link up tomorrow - Thrilling Thursday!!

    Here's the link: https://mamaneedsabook.blogspot.com/2020/05/thrilling-thursday-thrilling-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're true to your blog name; Mama Needs A Book to find out how to survive a zombie apocalypse. Sounds like solid reasoning, and if you're wrong, you went out doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Stay inside and read" actually sounds like a really good strategy. I hadn't really thought about My Side of the Mountain in this context, but that was one of my formative books when I was in middle school. The two Max Brooks selections are good, too: the survival guide is a fun bit of speculation, while World War Z is more narrative (but still following a lot of the same thoughts).

    My response is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like you have a plan, so there you go. I like your idea to hide and read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Books are the best weapons. Your post made me think of the Doctor Who episode where he walks into a massive library and declares “You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world! This room’s the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!”
    Fab book list too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hide and read - good plan. You have a good list there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment