Library Love & Book Challenges


I LOVE LIBRARIES! I am truly blessed to have the most beautiful library nearby.  And this truly beautiful library is doing something called GenreQuest!  


It is basically an 8 month program (that I've missed the first 3 months of) that runs from October to May and encourages readers of all ages to branch out and read books from all different genres.  AND they give you fun little buttons!  Can't wait to pin them all to my library tote and feel all well-read and high and mighty! 😂

October - Fantasy/Horror/Paranormal 

November - Nonfiction/(Auto) Biography

December - Graphic Fiction/ Graphic Nonfiction/Manga

January - Classic/Literary   

February - Romance/Historical Fiction

March - Science Fiction

April - Poetry

May - Periodicals

I am late to the party (as always), but I am still excited to join in on this QUEST!  

In part, I am excited because it is called a "quest" and makes me feel like a hero, simply for skipping out on my responsibilities in order to read!  Thank you for the encouragement, Library!  Not that I needed it.  

ANYWAYS, the first month (that I'm participating in) is January and it is Classic/Literary month! 

What Classic should I read??

I have about a million on my TBR list, but I am open to suggestions. 

I'm also encouraging my younger children to participate in the GENRE QUEST.  So I'm open to suggestions for classics of children's literature, as well.  What are your favorites?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This quest (challenge) pairs perfectly with the 2024 Library Love Book Challenge hosted by Angel's Book Nook and Books of My Heart


I have absolutely nothing but love for my local libraries!  And on my teacher's salary, virtually all of my books are either ARCs or library books.  So I'm all about saving that money! Plus, this particular challenge has a particularly awesome giveaway!

The Library Love Challenge also pairs well with my Backlist Reading Challenge and Classics Club Reading Challenge as crossover is allowed.

One of the aspects that I love about this challenge, is that there are levels!

Levels:
Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books
Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
Library Addict: Read 48 books
Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books

How excited will I be each time I LEVEL UP! (Hopefully it happens at least once!)

Join in and give YOUR local library some love! 





Comments