Top Ten Most Dysfunctional Romances


Today's TTT was supposed to be "Top Ten Books I Wish I Had Read as a Child."  Even That Artsy Reader Girl (the host of this link-up) had trouble with this one and changed her post to "YA Contemporary Romances Teen Me Would Have Loved"... That doesn't help me, lol.  I don't read YA Contemporary Romances... 😕

So... Closest thing is just my favorite romances?  I couldn't even come up with 10 of those!  So let's go with the opposite, shall we?  "Top Ten 'Romances' Teen Me Would Have Been Screwed Up By" !! Or Top Ten Most Dysfunctional Romances.

1.  51477868. sy475  After All I've Done by Mina Hardy - I just read this one.  And let me tell ya what, these two were not meant to be!

2. 49811897 After She Wrote Him by Sulari Gentill - This one would have been on my list of favorite romances as well.  What can I say, I'm dysfunctional like that!  Woman falls for fictional character?  We've all been there. 😂

3. 39796904 My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing - You know what they say the couple that kills together...

4. 34941666. sy475  The Confession by Jo Spain - Felt like this book was underrated.  I loved it so much! Enjoy their tragic back-story!

5. 36399240. sy475  Believe Me by J.P. Delaney - Is she falling for a serial killer?

6. 19288043 Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - If you haven't read this one by now, just... read it.  

7. 4671. sy475  The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - One of my favorites of all time.  

(I'm kinda losing steam here, guys - where my romantic suspense people at??)

8. 11588 The Shining by Stephen King - They were just trying to make it work in the beginning...

9.  52225186. sx318 sy475  Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson - Oh yeah, this relationship was pretty bleak.

10. 36212848 The Other Woman by Sandie Jones - Cautionary tale, if your mother-in-law is trying to drive you away... maybe just go?

What are your worst romances??? What did ya'll do for TTT? Since this one was kinda... weird.



ALSO...
I'm going to host a link-up called THRILLING THURSDAY!!!! So... PLEASE COME BACK FOR IT!! Would love to have you all. Similar to Top Ten Tuesday, it would consist of different criteria every week for a list of 10 books.  However, this linkup would be specifically for THRILLERS!! (mysteries, suspense, horror, crime, etc.). See all the details, here:

Thanks for stopping by!  Follow me to see more reviews!  Plus Thrilling Thursday link-up and upcoming author interview with Wendy Walker!

blog | gr | pinterest | bloglovin

Comments

  1. I wasn't into horror or thrillers as a kid, not that much into them now. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/04/ttt-042820.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's a bummer. We can't all be right. Just kidding :-D - thanks for stopping by anyhow!

      Delete
  2. The Shining is such a great pick for this list. Yeah, there was a lot of dysfunction there.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. Love this topic! In fact, I almost did something similar. I thought about doing a TTT list of books I wish I had NOT read as a child/teen. Stephen King would have been #1 on my list! His books still leave me shaking in my boots :)

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TTT list of books I wish I had NOT read as a child/teen - That sounds like a fun list!

      Happy TTT to you! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Love that Gone Girl made this list. Have you read Anna Todd's After? That would make list if I had one. Every single stinking book in that series would be on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it, but I'm definitely going to look it up! I love me a dysfunctional relationship :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'll have to add some of these to my TBR. After All I've Done by Mina Hardy looks good. The Other Woman by Sandie Jones seems really good, too! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday List!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those were really quick and thrilling reads, Lectrice!

      Delete

Post a Comment