Coffee & Books: June 2020


Well, when I posted last month's Coffee & Books, I was pretty certain that the world would be in a better place by June's.  But it doesn't seem to be so...  I pray that this post finds you all safe and healthy and with cup of coffee and a TBR ready to be added to. 
38190066. sy475
Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
Rating 5 stars!
The first sci-fi novel by a black woman.  It was also an eye-opening look at the antebellum South and an excellent read!
Need a book? Everyone should read this book.

52702788
Stranger in the Lake by Kimberly Belle
Rating: 2.5 stars
Average book by a great author.
Need a book? Pick up one of her others.

52754102
The Girl From Widow Hills by Megan Miranda
Rating: 3.5 stars
A creepy thriller with a pretty outlandish premise.
Need a book? Suspend believability and grab this one! Or read All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda.

43557477
The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner
Rating: 5 stars
Lovely book with a lovely setting about Jane Austen.
Need a book? Grab this one if you love Jane Austen and quaint country settings.



51045314. sy475

The Nothing Man by Catherine Ryan Howard
Rating: 5 stars
Really brilliant and unique thriller!  It was a true crime book combined with a thriller.  It was awesome.
Need a book?  This one is great!  Especially if you love true crime and thrillers!



41837243. sy475

Lock Every Door by Riley Sager 
Rating: 4 stars
I liked the atmosphere in this novel - the setting and the creepy, look-over-your-shoulder, lock-every-door-ness!  
Need a book? This was a fun thriller.  Riley Sager's The Last Time I Lied is amazing also.



30962267

The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre
Rating: 5 stars
This book was ahhh-mazing!! I love books about authors or books about books.  This was a really emotional, but fabulous read.  
Need a book? Grab this one if you like books about writers.  
51174395


    
To see more, visit my homepage, here.







Linked-up at...

blog | gr | pinterest | bloglovin

Comments

  1. good to know about The Ghostwriter - i think i own it, lol.
    loved the jane austen society!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good! The Jane Austen Society definitely was too :) Thanks for stopping by, Kristen!

      Delete
  2. I have Jane Austen Society checked out on audiobook and ready to start once I finish one of my current four books! I just added Kindred to my TBR. I had heard about it awhile ago from WSIRN podcast, but your review convinced me to read it soon!

    Here are my recent reads, if interested: https://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jane Austen Society was a fun read! And Kindred was amazing. I will check out your recent reads :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Kindred sounds great! I'll definitely add that to my list. Maybe I can read it with a mint julep in hand ;) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindred sounds fantastic! So does The Ghostwriter! Thanks for sharing these and your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment